Servicing Major Brands
- Garage Door Spring Repair
- Garage Door Cable Repair
- Garage Door Opener Repair
- Commercial Garage Door Repair
- Garage Door Falling Off Tracks
- Heavy Garage Doors
- Noisy Garage Doors
- Garage Door Tracks Repair & Replacement
- Garage Door Roller Repair
- Garage Door Panels Repair & Replacement
- Garage Door Opener Installations
- Garage Door Installations
- Commercial Sales, Service & Installations
Garage Door Repair in Newport News, VA
Broken Garage Doors are unpredictable, which is why we offer same-day garage door repair in Newport News, VA. J&S Overhead Garage Door Service offers 24/7 emergency garage door service seven days a week. Return trips are a thing of the past because J&S Overhead Garage Door Service arrives with fully stocked trucks ready for any garage door repair or garage door opener repair in Newport News, VA.
Our skilled technicians can perform Newport News, VA garage door opener repairs for major brands, including Chamberlain, Liftmaster, Genie, Overhead Door Brand, Sears, Raynor, and Craftsman.
If you require a garage door opener replacement, we offer same-day belt drive and chain drive garage door opener installations in Newport News, VA. We can also install other garage door openers upon request in Newport News, VA. Proudly serving Newport News and surrounding areas. Call today and ask for same-day service (757)748-0770.
Garage Door Services in Newport News, VA
FAQ About Garage Door Repair
What are some signs that my garage door needs to be repaired?
Like any other machine, your garage door will start to show signs of wear and tear or that it needs maintenance before it reaches a point where it needs to be replaced. Here are some of the signs that you can look out for:
- Your garage door opens or closes very slowly or not at all: This could be due to aging springs on your garage door or because of garage door opener problems. Another reason why a garage door can move slowly is that the motor might be burning out. One of our technicians will come out to your location to diagnose the problem and then fix it.
- Rattling or shaking: If your garage door shakes and rattles while rolling along its track, then the problem may be worn-out hardware which generally occurs because of years of continued use. Many garage door manufacturers only warranty their products for one year for a reason. We believe your garage door parts should last, which is why we use high-cyle components. Our technicians will evaluate your garage door and repair or replace any necessary parts.
- Cracked, sagging, or drooping garage door: This is usually the result of the garage door being struck by another hard object like a car. It can also happen due to lack of supporting reinforcement brackets.
- How long does a typical garage door repair take?
It depends on the type of repair and the type of garage door, but they are generally done within 1 to 3 hours. We provide same-day residential garage door repair services.
Can You Repair My Garage Door Opener Also?
Yes, We can repair major brands of garage door openers in Newport News, VA, including Liftmaster, Chamberlain, Linear, Raynor, Genie, Craftsman, Sears, and many more. We stock all the repairable parts on our trucks for fast service.
Issues may include humming or grinding noises, light blinking, slow operation, or no movement at all of the garage door. Our technicians are also trained to replace a garage door opener if one is needed. We stock Liftmaster belt and chain drive openers for your convenience. Give J&S Overhead Garage Door Service a call today to schedule a garage door opener repair.
Is My Garage Door Supposed to Be Heavy?
Though garage doors can be very heavy, when properly installed, they should not feel any more than a couple of pounds. Garage Door Springs do break, and we install all sizes. Due to the counterbalance garage door spring system, it shouldn’t take a tremendous amount of energy to lift a very heavy door. If the garage door does not balance, meaning when you lift it up halfway, it should stay, then the garage door spring replacements should be considered.
Also, garage door openers are simply the mechanism taking the place of you lifting the door. If the door feels heavy, it will strain the garage door opener, which may lead to a more costly repair.
We provide torsion spring and extension spring replacements, and we are able to convert your old contractor grade system to a longer-lasting one. Our torsion springs include an 18-year warranty because they are engineered as high cycle, lasting much longer than other OEM products.
What are other services that J&S Overhead Garage Door Service offers?
Garage Door and Garage Door Opener Repairs – We are proud and excited to be serving the Newport News community as your same-day garage door repair specialists. But we also care because we are your neighbors, and we know exactly what kind of issues you’re going to face here in the Tidewater area. Serving major brands of garage doors and openers, we can get you right back on track!
Garage Door Installations – If you are looking to replace your garage door, we provide beautiful new garage door installations seven days a week. Our garage door styles include Carriage House Garage Doors, Insulated Garage Doors, Glass Garage Doors, Black Garage Doors, Aluminum Garage Doors, Steel Garage Doors, Vinyl Garage Doors and Wood Garage Doors and Faux Wood Garage Doors.
Garage Door Opener Installations – We stock and install Liftmaster Garage Door Openers. Our selection includes belt drive garage door openers, chain drive garage door openers, and jackshaft operators. Ask for a same-day installation.