Servicing Major Brands
- Garage Door Spring Repair
- Garage Door Cable Repair
- Garage Door Opener Repair
- Commercial Garage Door Repair
- Garage Door Falling Off Tracks
- Heavy Garage Doors
- Noisy Garage Doors
- Garage Door Tracks Repair & Replacement
- Garage Door Roller Repair
- Garage Door Panels Repair & Replacement
- Garage Door Opener Installations
- Garage Door Installations
- Commercial Sales, Service & Installations
Broken Garage Doors in Suffolk, VA break on their own schedule which is why we offer Same Day Garage Door Repair in Suffolk. VA. Garage Door Repairs includes Garage Door Spring Repair and Garage Door Opener Repairs. 24/7 Emergency Garage Door Service in Suffolk, VA is also Available 7 Days a Week. Return Trips are now a thing of the past because J&S Overhead Garage Door Service arrives with fully stocked trucks ready for any Garage Door Repair or Garage Door Opener Repair.
Our Skilled Technicians Provide Garage Door Opener Repairs in Suffolk, VA for Major Brands including Chamberlain, Liftmaster, Sears, Raynor, Genie, Overhead Door Brand and Craftsman. If you require a Garage Door Opener Replacement we offer Same Day Belt Drive or Chain Drive Garage Door Opener Installations in Suffolk, VA and Surrounding Areas. Call Today and Ask for SAME DAY SERVICE (757)748-0770.
Garage Door Services in Suffolk, VA
Garage door repairs in Suffolk, VA, may seem complicated and dangerous, which is why having a professional make the repairs to your door may be the best option. J&S Overhead Garage Door Service makes it easy for you to sit back and stay safe. Our dedicated team is able to fix minor and major problems with the garage door and garage door opener.
Overhead Garage Door Repair can be as minor as making an adjustment or as major as needing a replacement. Since we service major brands and stock our trucks for any of the parts your garage door and opener may need, most problems can be tended to and fixed on the spot. Since garage doors have so many moving parts, it may be hard to understand exactly what is going on with the door. Luckily our technicians can provide expert analysis of any situation, providing you with our 24-point safety inspection with every visit.
Whether your garage door is making strange noises, not moving up and down, or even falling out of the track, we got your back. No problem is too much for us to handle as our professional staff is trained to get your garage door back on track, getting you quickly on your way again.
A belt-drive garage door opener is extremely sought after for its smooth and quiet operation. Since there is no chain to rattle, you will hardly notice that it’s moving the entire garage door. Because of the lack of vibrational noise, they are a perfect choice if you have a bedroom or office next to or above the garage. Belt Drive Garage Door Opener Repair may consist of replacing the motor, belt, battery, gears, and even safety sensors. We provide fast garage door opener repair for belt drive garage door openers in Suffolk, VA 7 days a week to fit into your schedule. We also provide Professional Same Day Liftmaster Garage Door Opener Installations.
Chain-drive garage door openers are not only affordable but also amazingly durable. As a time-tested option, it is no wonder so many homeowners still have chain drive garage openers. We service major brands of garage door openers in Suffolk, VA, including Chamberlain, Craftsman, Sears, Genie, Liftmaster, and many more. Our technicians are able to diagnose your opener and provide a proper garage door opener repair for your home. Call today to schedule a garage door service.
How to Tell if Your Garage Door Needs Repairs
Your garage door sometimes gives you warning signs that something isn’t quite right. Whether a cable is broken, a bolt is loose, or the spring is doing too much work. Here are some signs that will help you to identify when your garage door is telling you that you need to give us a call at J&S Overhead Garage Door Service:
- Slow response time after pressing the opener button: when you press the garage door button, it shouldn’t be more than a few seconds before the door begins to respond by either lifting or lowering. If there is a longer delay or if the garage door starts jerking when opening or closing, then you may have a problem with the garage door springs or even the opener.
- Noisier: Every garage door makes some sort of noise when it is in operation, and some make less noise than others. But if you start to notice that your garage door is making sounds that you didn’t hear before, such as squeaking, creaking, humming, or snapping, then those are signs that there could be damage to the hinges, railings, or springs.
- The garage door simply won’t open or close: this is one of the most frustrating things that can happen to a homeowner or landlord. Give us a call right away if it will not open or close.
- The garage door is falling off of the tracks: this is another example of what can happen if the garage door is not properly maintained. If you don’t identify damage to the rollers or alignment issues, then they can get worse until they get to the point where the garage door can actually fall out. We certainly don’t want any of our clients to be in a dangerous position, so we urge you to call us if you see any signs of minor damage or wear.
Assessing Garage Door Issues
While many people think that the garage door rollers move the garage door, they aren’t actually doing the heavy lifting. It’s the motor via the chain or belt. The wheels just guide the door. A garage door that is properly balanced will be able to travel along the guided track smoothly. One of the most common causes for repairs is balance issues. Like with anything else in life, when there is an imbalance, there is usually a problem!
You may be able to check the balance yourself, but it’s important to hire a professional if you are not sure how to. The garage door can fall on you and cause serious injury if you don’t know how to do it. Or it can cause further damage to the door itself.
It goes without saying that in order to maintain your garage door, it’s important to never pull anything or touch anything that you are unsure about. Sometimes people think that they should disconnect the garage door from the opener if it is in the open position and they want it down. This could actually cause the garage door to fall. Instead, wait for the garage door to be fully closed and then pull on the emergency release to disconnect the door—that way, the door is already seated on the ground. Then, gently lift the garage door to about the middle position, but don’t let go of it. A properly balanced garage door will rest in the middle without going up or down. If the door does fall or rise, then give us a call right away. Let us know that you did a balance test and what happened, and we will have someone out to your property within 24 hours. We can also perform the test ourselves when we assess your door.
Suffolk Garage Door Service and Repair
Garage door repair in Suffolk, VA, should be left to trained professionals. Trying to turn a repair job into a DIY project could damage the door or the opener or even result in injury. Call J&S Overhead Garage Door Service today to get your garage door working again.
Choosing J&S Overhead Garage Door Service
We’ve seen it all: a broken garage door when you need to leave for work, or you need a brand new garage door opener installation. When you need local, reliable garage door repair in Suffolk, VA, a garage door replacement, or other garage door services, then call J&S Overhead Garage Door Service.